Sunday, February 4, 2018

ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING

By: Donna Selma Lind 


Artist: Nancy Noel

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Phillipians 4:6



Last week we went to pick up some Apple bread, Jam and Pickles from one of our favorite Amish stores.

This is the same store that I was able to pray with a group of Amish ladies last  year for a woman's back to be healed.

That was miraculous in of itself because the Amish order does not allow them to pray with an outsider "Englisher" like me.
 God did something that day last year to break down walls and make a bridge of trust between these ladies and myself.

So when I stepped into that store last week one of the Amish ladies approached me and started telling me about her teenage daughter. She was worried  because her daughter was having strange spells where she would shake, cry and felt like she was going to die.

She told me the Doctors couldn't find anything physically wrong. I asked her several questions about what I thought might be happening and from her answers I thought it sounded like she  was having anxiety or panic attacks.
She said that is what the Doctors thought.

We spoke a little more, she had such desperation in her eyes. She was wringing her hands over and over.  I sensed she was wanting to ask me something.

I asked if she would like me to pray for her daughter.

Her wrinkled brow and frown turned upward to a gentle smile and in tears she blurted out, "OH, YES PLEASE. YES PLEASE!!"

I put my hands out and she grabbed ahold of me and I prayed.

I prayed for a Mama who was desperate enough to let an outsider offer a prayer to Heaven because she loved her child so much.
I prayed for a young teenage girl who is suffering from anxiety so bad that she feels like she is going to die.
I prayed that whatever had a stronghold on that young girl, that it would be broken off in Jesus name and she would be set free!

When I finished praying that Mama wrapped her arms around me and hugged the stuffing out of me! She smelled like fresh baked bread and cinnamon sugar and her skin was as soft as a baby's bottom!
She thanked me in between tears as we looked out the window and watched her daughter outside stacking wood in the wood pile.

As I walked to the car I prayed the Lord would give me a word of encouragement that I could speak to this young girl somehow.
I knew I had to be careful that no one would see me praying with her out there, and I didn't want to scare her.

What can I do Lord to let her know you are there with her and she is not alone?

I reached my hand in my purse to see what kind of a scripture card I might have that would be appropriate to give her. I pulled out a card that had a little lamb on the front and the verse inside said:

 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6

I asked God to help me to help her and instantly He supplied the perfect verse!

I walked over to this precious child of God. I handed her the card and I told her Jesus loved her so much He wanted her to have this and whenever she was afraid or anxious she could say this verse outloud and God would help her.
I hugged her and though she didn't know it I prayed a Blessing over her.

As we drove home down the winding country roads past all the Amish Farms and houses, I prayed and asked that the Lord that He would give me more opportunities to minister and pray with these beautiful people.

 IN EVERYTHING GIVE THANKS! 

HALLELUJAH!  PRAISE THE LORD AND SHARE THE GOOD NEWS!

Donna Selma Lind đŸ’—

1 comment:

  1. Hello. :) That is a lovely story. Very encouraging. It's so amazing that God orders our steps like that... and we just need to wait on Him, as a child, for His lead. <><

    ReplyDelete

What's on your heart today?