Friday, February 14, 2014

" THE ETERNAL VALENTINE "



Daddy, is there a script in the Bible for Valentines day? 
I overheard little Joshua ask his Father at Church on Wednesday night.
Again he quized; Daddy, is there a script in the Bible for Valentines day?
No son, there is no script in the Bible for Valentines day.
Daddy, are you sure there is no script in the Bible for Valentines day?
Son, there is no script in the Bible for Valentines day!
The smile on little Joshua's face evaporated.
I wanted to tell the kids in my class I knew a Bible script for Valentines day.

I didn't want to interfere with the Fathers answer to his son but I had to make an exception in this case. 
Josh, guess what? I interrupted. There is a scripture in the Bible for Valentines day!
His smile returned and his blue eyes began to twinkle.

I stretched out my arms wide and shared the Valentines day scripture with him:

"FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD, THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY SON, THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE." JOHN 3:16

Josh's Dad smiled, then chimed in and finished the verse with me. His son was shouting "Yeah" and "Woo-Hoo" as he skipped into his classroom happy to have his Valentines script to share.

I wished I could have explained to Josh that the entire Bible is a Valentines Love Letter from God to all of us. That he sent his son Jesus to be "The Eternal Valentine" and that His love never fails and never gives up on us. 1Corinthians 13 ( The Love Chapter)

Even when we sin, He still loves us. Romans 5:8

Nothing can separate us from His love. Romans 8:37-39

He is faithful . Deuteronomy 7:9

He is my helper. Isaiah 41:13

GOD IS LOVE ! 1 John 4:8


THERE IS ONLY ONE ETERNAL VALENTINE. HE GAVE HIS LIFE FOR YOU!
 
 
GIVE YOUR HEART TO JESUS!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
 
 

HALLELUJAH!

PRAISE THE LORD AND SHARE THE GOOD NEWS!
 
DONNA










No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your heart today?